Storm Moon Press is currently accepting pitches for serialized fiction. Unlike a standard serialized novel where a single story is broken into pieces and released at regular intervals, though, we are taking a different approach. Our serial fiction is closer to the serialized radio dramas of the 1940s, where each released selection contains a complete episodic story, while the collection of stories come together to form a larger narrative arc.
Each story will be broken up into a "season" of either 6 or 12 "episodes" of 5,000 - 15,000 words each, or 6 "episodes" of 15,000 - 20,000 words each, and released on either a monthly or semi-monthly basis. Depending on the response and the author's desire, additional "seasons" that continue the story may be contracted as well.
Customers will be able to purchase each episode individually, purchase a Season Pass to receive every episode as it is released, or purchase the full season as a compiled ebook after all the episodes are completed.
We will accept serials in any of our imprints: QUILTBAG erotic romance, heterosexual erotic romance, QUILTBAG literary fiction, and QUILTBAG young adult fiction.
All genres are welcome, including, but not limited to:
- Science Fiction
- Urban Fantasy
- Speculative Fiction
- Young Adult
Material that includes the following will be summarily rejected:
- Pedophilia (sex involving one or more persons under the age of 18 with an adult)
- Necrophilia (sex with dead bodies -- vampires, zombies, and the like don't count)
- Bestiality (sex with non-sentient animals or shifters in full animal form)
- Scat or golden showers (sex involving urine or feces play)
- Gratuitous violence (including splatterpunk, slasher, and torture-porn)
- Rape intended to arouse (though we will consider forced seduction or dubious consent if it is respectfully handled)
- Snuff (sex during which one or more persons are killed)
Royalties and Contracts
Initial contract length will be for exclusive print and electronic rights for four years. Individual episodes will be released only in electronic format, with the full season being available in both electronic and print formats. The episodes will be available individually for six months following the release of the final episode; after that, only the completed season will be available for purchase.
Authors will receive royalties of 50% of cover price on direct sales through Storm Moon Press' e-store and 40% of cover price minus distribution costs for sales through third party vendors for the completed season ebook, and 25% of cover on direct sales and 20% of cover minus distribution costs for sales through third party vendors for the completed season print book. In addition, authors will recieve royalties of 30% of cover price for each individual episode purchased, and 40% of the Season Pass price for each Season Pass purchased. All royalties will be paid quarterly.
Authors will also be given 2 print copies of the completed season, and one PDF copy of the completed season ebook.
How To Submit
Submissions must be sent electronically, through email. Please do not send hard copies of manuscripts to our place of business as we will not return them, nor will they be reviewed.
- Please send submissions to submissions @ stormmoonpress.com (remove the spaces when surrounding the @ sign when emailing us)
- Email subject should read: SERIAL PITCH: STORY TITLE - AUTHOR
- The pitch should include:
- A 200-300 word quick description of the season
- The full synopsis of the overriding narrative arc of the season
- An outline of each of the episodes (either 6 or 12) which should be able to stand as individual stories
- A 300 word bio of the author
If we like the story pitch, we will ask you to send us the first episode before we extend a contract.
If you have any questions, feel free to email us at editor @ stormmoonpress.com or look over our FAQ Section.